To those in the DFW area (or those who know someone in the area), I will be conducting a SANS Security 504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling Mentor class beginning in July.
Running over ten sessions, students are able to train with SANS at a pace designed to allow more time to absorb the course content while not being out of the office for a week or incurring travel costs.
Class starts July 23rd and will meet over 10 Tuesday evenings running from 6:30-8:30PM. Full schedule and details are available at https://www.sans.org/event/32987.
Tuition is $3077 if you register by June 25th, using Discount Code DRIVE13.
Some of what you will learn includes:
- The tactics used by computer attackers
- The latest attack vectors and how to stop them
- Proactive and reactive defenses for each stage of an attack
- Strategies and tools for detecting each type of attack
- Attacks and defenses for Windows, Unix, switches, routers and other systems
- Application-level vulnerabilities, attacks, and defenses
- How to develop an incident handling process and prepare a team for battle
- Legal issues in incident handling
- How to recover from computer attacks and restore systems for business
When registering, it would be a great help to me if you would enter “MENTOR RECRUIT” in the Comments section of the registration.
Thanks, and I look forward to seeing some familiar faces in July.